25 Random Things About Me
2. I’m from Colorado and I consider myself “a meat-eating vegetarian.” I eat meat for the protein, and only when it’s well done. Coincidentally my daughter is becoming one also. Nature or nurture?
3. Jesse and I are big Broncos fans and it kills us to think that our sons may grow up to be Husker fans just because they were born in NE.
4. One of the most intriguing women ever in my opinion is Ruth Bell Graham. My favorite quote of hers, “If two people agree on everything, one of them is unnecessary.” A characteristic of friendship I admire is- to agree to disagree peacefully.
5. 1999, 2003 & 2008 are the top 3 years of my life that I took scary, out of the box, steps of faith.
6. I always made fun of my minivan driving friends and now I am one of them.
7. My husband, Jesse has officially known me for half of my life. (I’m 31 and we met 16 years ago.) He is definitely my best friend.
8. My kids are the ones who have taught me the most about myself and they are my treasures on Earth.
9. When I was in 8th grade, I received the citizenship award and it was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life to have to walk up on stage in front of all of those people for such a weird award. Really! What is citizenship?
10. If I could afford to install a pottery wheel in my basement I would do it in a heartbeat.
11. I didn’t, and don’t plan on naming all of my kids names that start with the letter A. It just happened that way.
12. I was baptized in the Cherry Creek Reservoir.
13. I seriously treasure all of my memories from my college volleyball team. YOU ladies are hilarious and I’ve never been naked in front of so many women at once.
14. It annoys me that The Gap has changed their styles of jeans so many times. I used to have a tried and true favorite that no matter what fit me and now I do not….
15. I’m working on rebuilding my relationship with my Dad. It’s a slow process but I’ve seen progress.
16. I really am a morning person and I like to go to bed early even though people make fun of me for it. I heart Cynthia.
17. When I was in college, I had 3 roommates who I scared half to death whenever I would sleep walk. “Do you sleep walk?” really should be a question they ask you on your “Lifestyle and Personality” questionnaire.
18. I really love sugar: doughnuts, candy, ice cream, chocolate. Bags of cinnamon bears is what sustained me through the boring classes in college.
19. I think the movie I have seen the most amount of times is Kung Fu Panda. Thank you Ainsley and Ashden.
20. I love my sister and and I can’t wait to be in driving distance from her for frequent visits. I regret not having her as a bridesmaid in my wedding but we are 8 years apart and she was 13 at the time.
21. Jesse makes the best guacamole dip I have ever tasted and to be quite honest he is the better cook in our house.
22. I am a minimalist. Less is more and my walls are very bare. (shout out to Heidi)
23. One of my friends and I have a harebrained event planning business waiting in the wings of life that we will launch in the future with all of our extra cash and free time. 😉
24. I think seeing the glass half empty comes more easily to me but I want to change that.
25. Eventually I do want to get my Master’s degree and work at a job that influence’s people for the better. I think I’m a social worker at heart, or possibly a midwife, or maybe even a writer?